Friday, June 05, 2009

Just have too many thoughts, ideas and wants!!!

Word Nerd

I was hanging out in Fully Booked last Wednesday and came upon this board game as I was about to pay for my purchases - Oxford Dilemma Board Game. It looked interesting but was not in my 'buy now' list so I just asked for the price (Php1500) and went off.

Then when I got back in the office awhile ago, I told my officemate about my splurges and we got to talk about the board game. I googled it and hey, it IS actually interesting and I want one :(

But i want to research some more, so far I have two choices

1. Oxford Dilemma Board Game



This one is actually a spelling game with words coming from categories such as science; geography; famous people, places or things; and general. It's similar to monopoly except that you spell the word instead of draw it. Of course, the words are probably more challenging to spell.

2. Bethump'd with Words



This game is more about the etymology of words and I was able to answer some of the sample questions 5 out of 10! Not bad for someone who uses ESL.

"The questions in this edition are arranged in six levels of difficulty, each of which features these aspects of words and the English language: Accents * Acronyms * Americanisms * Australianisms * Borrowed Words * Briticisms * Calques * Canadianisms * Dinosaur Words * Eponyms * Euphemisms * History * Holorimic Phrases * Homographs * Homonyms * Homophones * Idioms * Jargon * Letter Words * Names & Nicknames * Portmanteau Words * Quotations * Sexist English * Slang * Spoonerisms * True or False * Evolving Words * Word Origins"

There's a book edition of Bethump'd with Words, I'm considering buying it first then maybe the game next if I feel that it's not enough.

Music

Aside from the obvious David Cook, I do like filling my Zen with other songs :p I know downloading albums via torrents is bad and I should support artists more...but..my kuripot side wins for songs that I'm not overly crazy about but just want to hear hehe

I'm currently downloading...

1. Jason Mraz's We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things 2008 album
2. Katy Perry - One Of The Boys (2008)


Nice (useless) Things

I bought what I thought was the plastic plant that moves with solar energy, but apparently, what i bought were double function spoons that together posed as a plant in a pot! well, it's cute looking but i still want that solar plant!
"Solar Plant: "Spoon plant"

No comments:

What's up? How's it going?

January 2025 became a positive turning point. I was still on edge when we went back to the Philippines for Chinese New Year. I didn't wa...