Monday, June 22, 2009

"Lines, Vines and Trying Times"

As I announced in Facebook, "Grace bought Jonas Brothers' CD in an attempt to save the music industry"

I was actually having second thoughts on whether I'd buy a CD or not since I've already gotten the torrent of their new album, "Lines, Vines and Trying Times" but haven't started downloading it via microtorrent.

What really changed my mind was going to Music One and seeing that half of the store has been blocked off to give way to an office supplies store! They were also having these DVD/VCD sale outside the store and when I went in, the aircon was not turned up to its usual level! Less aircon always means that the business is trying to cut down on operating expenses and in my mind, it's a red flag already. :-(

So there, I bought the CD for Php 495 and after listening to it and watching the added videos inside, I am definitely not regretting the purchase at all :)

I ripped the CD into my WinAmp and felt like a COUGAR after seeing the genre: "Tween Pop" What?? Hahaha I also registered for official mail and it just had to ask the age! I was at the 2nd to the last highest demographic!!! 25 -29 sheesh...

On the brighter side, it actually means that I'm a kid at heart :p I like Jonas Brothers' and Miley Cyrus' upbeat songs but if I were to choose, I'd go for JB since I was able to listen to their first two albums without skipping a track. In this latest one, my current favorite is "Much Better" - there's some oldish vibe to it, after that, it would be "Poison Ivy. "

I really appreciate that the album insert had the lyrics of each song, tons of pictures of the brothers and anecdotes before each song!!! They really know how to feed the fans!

I was thinking that David Cook should do something similar but scratched that thought right back due to the ff reasons:
a) his fans are not tweens
b) it would lessen his credibility as a serious artist and enhance his celebrity status
c) it's just his first album (an aside: I find it interesting that magazine writers still refer to albums as "LPs" when this literally means Long play (LP) record albums.

Anyway, I'm on a bit of David Cook hiatus right now, which was NOT really triggered by this, you know. Coz technically, I, as a fan should just care about his music and not really his personal life ;p lol! hahaha

So, just so you know, David Cook has been replaced in my office and home desktop wallpapers hahah but of course I'm still a fan..I'll just let that piece of info above fade away a bit. In the meantime, I'll shift to cougar mode :p


yowza! Joe Jonas is hot! *sizzle*

No comments:

What's up? How's it going?

January 2025 became a positive turning point. I was still on edge when we went back to the Philippines for Chinese New Year. I didn't wa...