<I DON'T WANT TO PRACTICUM AT GMA!!!
This is horrible! Yesterday, Dior went to GMA to submit some stuff and the prod assistant or something gave her an errand to run immediately! She was asked to buy a ream of bond paper at National Bookstore Panay Ave. --ride a taxi daw. But she was just passing stuff and not starting her internship yet, so she explained to the head and the head just asked someone else to do it.
My problem isn't about being asked to run errands before starting the practicum, my problem is being asked to run those kinds of errands! Can you imagine me riding a taxi alone to Panay Ave. to buy bond paper?!!! What the hell is this? Is this really how the practicum is supposed to be--be like a maid or utusan or something similar? Nooo! If so, then i don't want to undergo practicum!!!!
I was at first elated to find out that i got in GMA but my bubble deflated a little when i knew that i was assigned at Sana Ikaw na Nga! I mean , hello, my course is broadcast journalism not Acting! I dont' want to be an artista. Hmph! Don is in Debate, Trixie in Extra!Extra!, Andrea in S-files, then why did Dior get assigned in Beh Bote Nga and me in a soap opera?!! Why oh why!? I do not understand!
Drastic Measures
So, i asked Kristine Fonacier, the EIC of MTV INK if they're still accepting practicumers. She said they had 3 already but are stil willing to accept if the person really wants to write. There's also NEWSWEEK who's office is 2 units away from ours. My other prospects are magazines like PINK and those other glossies. How about E! Philippines? I really don't know what to do!
GMA would be a bit ok if only they would follow the schedule they let us put in the index card we submitted to them. The sched that's perfect for me is Mondays to Thursdays, 8-12 am. I have Vanilla Coke on Fridays and Sundays and VTRs and Go-cs usually happen in the afternoon. AAArgh, this sucks!
I've tried calling up the contact person 2x but she's not around. I don't know if i want to start at all, I don't know if i should work at GMA at all. My friend Diana OJT-ed at Singapore Embassy coz her course is Diplomatic Affairs, and she said they weren't asked to run those kinds of errands. BOOHOO I really don't know what to do!
PRACTICUM 911
Help me, Nikki and Mel! What time is I-witness? Do you know if they'll let you run those kinds of errands? Someone give me some advice to cheer me up, what should i do? I mean yeah it may be a big honor to get in GMA, but if the treatment's like that, i rather be somewhere else less prestigious but where i'd learn more. Diba? Should i try out the magazines? Please e-mail me your advices or anything you would wanna say, i'll be with Oli's family at Mauban, Quezon starting tomorrow till Sunday morning. I was hoping to start practicum on April 21 but i think i need more time to think about it. Thanks very much, i'd really appreciate any kind of advice!
No comments:
Post a Comment