Monday, April 07, 2003

10 Reasons Why I Love Summer Vaction

  1. I can wake up any time i want without worrying about being late for class
  2. I have the luxury of relaxing and reading a magazine just for the heck of it
  3. I can watch television without the guilt of unfinished homework (Super Jack en Poy, Ally Mcbeal, Charmed, Malcom in the Middle, etc!)
  4. I have time to do what i really want and not what i need to do
  5. I have time to take long luxurious baths and put lots of body goop afterwards
  6. I can hang out in the mall all day in careless abandon
  7. I have time to learn stuff that i'm really interested in (HTML & Website stuff) than things that i need to learn (theo, philo--although they've proven to be helpful, too) Hehe
  8. I have time to indulge my mind and put my creative juices to work. (From reading novels to magazines to comic books to doing whatever at all)
  9. I am less stressed and have better body rhythms and cycles!
  10. I have so much time in my hands to clean my room, attend workshops, and simply enjoy and loaf around! Hay, the joy of summer vacation!

Here's an anecdote: Let's say during a job interview for a position that you absolutely want with a passion, the interviewer asks you if you know how to cook because it's crucial for the job, (but you don't really know how to cook) what would you answer?

The Answer: You should answer "Yes!" that you know how to cook!

The Interview says: Ok, you can start in a week.

What you should do next: Hit the cooking workshops and learn how to cook!

Lesson: When you give your word and there's something else on the line, the more you would give your all in "keeping your word."

Just think if you had said no, then instant goodbye to the job that you've been dying to have.

This anecdote is related to what just happened to me a while ago when i submitted my picture for a jeans ad needing Spanish, Asian and Filipino looking models. Here's what happened...I shake Kyla's hand (the person in charge) and start writing down my name, vitals, contact number in an index card and then submit my picture. I didn't really think I'd get in since it was a jeans ad and i thought a 'whatever' jeans ad only. Well, i was mistaken. After submitting my pics, Kyla shakes my hand again and tells me the details: It's a jeans ad, shooting will be on April 24-26 and budget is 100,000 whopping pesos! She said she'd give me a call if my picture is approved.

AAARGH! Why did she have to tell me the details after i wrote down my stupid vitals? I wrote down 34.5-26-35. But that's not TRUE! My hips are size 34! I just thought that since my waist was kinda big, so having a larger hip would compensate! That was stupid, now that i realize it! AAAARGH! I should've just written 34.5-25-34. Oh, how i hate myself for lessening my chance of getting in! Damn, damn, damn. What i hate most in this world is the feeling of regret.

This is a jeans ad so your waist and hip matter a lot. I read in Modelfocus.com that the ideal model size they'd like would be around the 33-24-34 range. Well frankly, i don't care about the 33 part, mine's 34.5 and i still like 'em bigger if you ask me. Anyway, i should've just written 25 instead of 26! I should've just lied about my waist size--they wouldn't have known a while ago anyway--argh and then try to achieve that size afterwards!

Oh well, there's nothing i can do right now and just hope that they'd approve my picture. I submitted a close-up picture by the way so maybe i'd have a better chance of getting in if they don't judge by the vitals, hehe. I have my fingers crossed but still not hoping too much, i don't want to be disappointed too much either.

No comments:

What's up? How's it going?

January 2025 became a positive turning point. I was still on edge when we went back to the Philippines for Chinese New Year. I didn't wa...