Sunday, January 23, 2005

Welcome to My Life

Sunday Boredom
Supposedly, I should look forward to Sundays because it’s what I can really call a ‘rest day’ since I’m just stuck at home after attending mass in the morning. (Sunday is the driver’s day off) But somehow, my body has grown accustomed to the busyness of the weekday, so I always end up getting bored on Sundays. It’s not like I don’t have anything to do…it’s just that I feel…bored and lonely?--a feeling close to that but not quite.

Anyway, I’m even lucky today (January 23, 2005) that I got to take home one of the office laptops—even though it’s painstakingly sloooowwww….slower than my dear old PC that my office friends, who have tried to make it work, keep on joking about.

Busted PC
Oh, that’s one of the reasons why I haven’t been able to blog for such a long time! Aside from being busy with work and chatting at work (hehehe), my PC went berserk after I tried installing a new soundcard into it. The sound card was a Christmas present actually since I’ve been wanting to get a new one so I could at least watch VCDs. Somehow, the bugs suddenly appeared after I tinkered with the insides of my PC. There was a time that the modem couldn’t be detected, then the PC wouldn’t boot. So I asked my officemates to fix it…those Computer Engineering graduates who know where each of the intestine-like cables should go and all that stuff. Anyway, the lucky friend who got the job is Aldrich. He even installed a DVD-ROM into my PC! He’s letting me use it until he upgrades his PC this coming August, isn’t that soo nice?! =) Unfortunately, my PC couldn’t handle the DVD software, just goes to show how outdated it is…I was ready to pick it up last Saturday when it suddenly won’t boot up again! Gosh!

So now, another friend, Pao, has it. My PC is now in Alabang…wow, it has gone to places I haven’t been before, how cool. He’s still having trouble with it from the last I heard, hopefully, my computer will cooperate so it can come back home to me…I do miss it, even if it’s really slow. I don’t know why they can’t boot it up, I just usually give it a smack on the right side and it boots up instantly…it must know who it’s owner is! Hehehe.

Badminton
Yes, I do have a ‘sport’ now, if you can call what I actually do a sport. Yesterday was just the 2nd time that I played badminton and hey, it’s fun! I usually laugh at myself the whole time and entertain the people I play with in the process. Last Sunday, my whole body was aching, especially my butt and my right forearm—I had a hard time brushing my teeth!. While enduring the pain in my butt, I just consoled myself with the thought that I will eventually have a shapelier butt because of the concentrated aching that I feel in my glutes, I hope that’s true!

I just have to mention my very nice officemates who have been very patient with teaching me the basics of the sport. There’s Don, a Team Lead, who kept reminding me not to hit the shuttlecock while it’s overhead--it has to be in front of me. Then there’s Richard, my closest friend at work, who taught me basics like where and how to stand in position, how to hit lightly, how to hold the racket, and he even lent me his racket when we played yesterday. Our Senior Team Lead, Pearlynne, taught me how to be a scorekeeper. Gia, a fellow Atenean in Accenture, has been teaching me how to smash. I can’t seem to get it right just yet. I hope that I’ll be able to play again this coming week so I can practice on my weak points.

Movie Buffs
The best thing I like about my officemates is that they’re movie buffs like moi! I can be sure that I wouldn’t miss the latest flicks since there would always be someone who’d want to watch one movie or another. The recent movies that I’ve watched are Kung Fu Hustle (twice!), Ocean’s 12, Blade Trinity and White Noise, being the latest.

My chest ached from watching White Noise, it’s really tiring to watch those horror-suspense type of movies, argh! I actually tried to watch a horror movie alone—Sigaw, during the Metro Manila Film Festival weeks and hey, I survived! Of course, not without a pillow and my hand over my face—so I could peek through the spaces between my fingers during the scary parts!

Next on my movie list is A Very Long Engagement and The Aviator coz I seem to have this recent penchant for oldie looking movies. Well, having Leo de Caprio in The Aviator makes the decision making a lot easier, too!

Media Exposure
Oh, before I forget! The article that I wrote for my Feature Writing class during fourth year college was featured in the Sunday Inquirer Magazine last Sunday! Yey! It’s entitled, The Happiest Loser of All. The story is about this guy who lost around 200lbs and is now a bodybuilder! Extremes, noh? The best part is that Jerome, the guy in my article, was featured in Balitang K, just a while ago! He told me that one of the researchers of Balitang K came across the article I wrote and decided to interview him. Isn’t that cool?! It gives me this happy feeling that I was able to help someone. =)

Hmmm….there’s still a lot more that has been happening in my life but I guess these updates will do for now, hehehe. Ciao! Let’s hope that my PC will get well soon so I can blog more often in the coming months!


No comments:

What's up? How's it going?

January 2025 became a positive turning point. I was still on edge when we went back to the Philippines for Chinese New Year. I didn't wa...