Saturday, December 11, 2004

Grabe, sobrang tagal ko na palang hindi nagpopost!!!

Well, here i am now! I'm on Primary Support this week, starting 5pm a while ago until 5pm next Friday. So i brought home the Support Laptop and now i can connect to the net at a relatively faster rate, listen to music and watch DVDs!!! Yeah! My PC's sound card is broken so there's nothing really interesting to do with it except maybe edit pics in Photoshop.

Anyways, hmmm so many things have happened already! When was my last post? Was it a month ago?

Regarding my previous post, i was fortunately able to drop hints successfully to a friend so i was able to go to the Chocolate Nights Weekend Buffet! That was last Nov 27, Saturday. The chocolate dishes or whatever you call them werent' all that much coz i was expecting like really long table fulls just like in typical buffets. But then, i thought, just how much chocolate desserts can people take right? So there were three medium sized tables filled with mouthwatering chocolate treats for the chocoholics to savor.

What my friend and I loved best was the Chocolate Soup! Hmm, i can't find a picture sa internet eh! Hhehehe, anyway, even though Chocolate Nights is a buffet, it's not really a place for pigging out like those Eat-all-you-cans. First, because of the hotel ambiance that somehow inhibits you from stuffing yourself like there's no tomorrow. Second, because it's dessert! It's better if savored slowly and over some good conversation. Oh, did i mention that there was a string quartet playing all the while during the buffet? Hehehe, kinda romantic, so it's good for those who wanna make it a dating event.

Word of advice, there is such a thing as 'chocolate high'! Hehehe, basta masarap!!! Catch it if you still can =)

Regarding the books that i want to read, i finished reading Claiming of Beauty by Anne Rice and word of warning again, it's not for the faint hearted!! Tolerance for S&M is a must!!! Anyway, i recently bought Neil Gaiman's Smoke and Mirrors. I haven't read it yet coz i want to have it covered with plastic first before i start reading, heheh. OC, noh?

I also bought a Chocolate cook/recipe book! I can't express how happy i am for finally being able to do such a 'simple' thing! Coz before, all i did was go inside the bookstore, leaf through the dessert recipe books, drool at the pictures, check out if the recipes are do-able by moi and then close the book and check out the price at the back. I'd automatically put back the book in the shelf, stare at it for a moment and sigh. This just went on for years, that is, until last Saturday.

I'm just soo happy that i went to the bookshop with a friend who's a bibliophile. I think my friend saw the desire in me and realized that i just needed some prodding to buy it. Hehehe, well, it's true. I just needed some encouragement and there, i bought it! Pricey but i feel satisfied and i feel that it's really really worth it! =) La lang, mababaw noh? Pero it makes me happy, hehehe.

Regarding the holidays...we had our office Kris Kringle already and i just want to say that there's nothing like simple and goofy things to brighten up one's day, hehehe. The best part is when you exchange hunches of who's who and afterwards discuss how the 'mommys' and 'daddys' were discovered and the funny stories behind the gifts.

For the record. KK Version 1: 'something funny' was the general understanding of the riddle that 'parents' were supposed to interpret and based their gifts from. I got a sqeaky plastic alligator and a fart whistle! Wehehehe. I gave my 'baby' smoker a painstakingly wrapped Strawberry flavored DJ Mix pack of cigs, hehehe, oh my 'baby's' a guy, btw so i did that on purpose hehehe.

KK Version 2: 'something that stimulates the mind' (general interpretation again) I got 2 word quest booklets, brain twister--making designs out of 4 plastic tiles, and a mini magnetic checkers gameboard! Nice, nice, i reallly liked the wordquest booklets coz that's what i usually did in the airport before when i was bored! Meanwhile, i gave my 'baby' a hexagonal Justice League puzzle which he now uses as a mousepad! Weird, but he said he liked it! That's what matters, anyway, hehe.

KK Version 3: 'something related to heroes / good & evil' (general interpretation, i opted for the latter one when i chose my baby's gift) I got a portable Kim Possible fan! Yey, i can use it during those hot summer months or kung brownout sa bahay, hehehe =p I gave my baby another effortfully wrapped gift, a butane based lighter with skull design that has these funny disco blue and red lights when you flip the top for a light. I don't really know him that well so that's all i could really give him hehehe. Am i bad parent? Hehehe.

Grand KK: Exchanging of gifts will be on Dec 17, the project Christmas party at Pier One, Fort Bonifacio! Limit is P500 so i had 3 things in my wishlist that my 'parent' can choose from.
1) Love Spell lotion by Victoria's Secret Garden, 2) Sound Card for my PC at home 3) R.U.L.E. CD, Ja Rule's new album!! Diverse ba masydo? Hirap hulaan kung hindi ako talaga kilala nung tao, hehe. Sana naman mag-grant kahit isa sa mga wishes ko =)

Christmas with my College buddies...Overnight at Makati Shangri-la on Dec 18-19th! Ain't that cool?? I'm so excited! Girlie bonding sessions na naman ito for sure! Hehehe, lots of chikahan, losta eating and lotsa shopping!

Christmas season is the best! Will post more soon, maybe after Christmas na, heheheh =p

No comments:

What's up? How's it going?

January 2025 became a positive turning point. I was still on edge when we went back to the Philippines for Chinese New Year. I didn't wa...