Thoughts of the Moment
I actually have a working computer here at home! My brother gave his old pc to me coz he got a new one. His monitor is even flat screen!
*** Reading the newspaper ***
I chanced upon an article on Zhang Zi Yi who's said to become an international star once Stephen Spielberg releases Geisha, his adaptation of the acclaimed book Memoirs of a Geisha, with Zhang Zi Yi as the lead. The article i read also talked about another movie that Zhang starred in as a prostitute: 2046, a Wong Kar Wai film that i wasn't able to watch. I started becoming interested in watching War Kar Wai's works after watching In the Mood for Love around 2 or 3 years ago. The movie was unlike any other movie i watched, it leans more on the artistic side and to be honest, what piques my curiosity is the fact that i cannot fathom the movie at once. I am delightfully puzzled all throughout the movie and at the end, the light slowly comes to me and i finally understand the movie. That is such a cool feeling! One American movie that comes close to that is Sliding Doors, starring Gwyneth Paltrow. I really like them a bit confusing, that's the way that i never forget them.
*** Watching Channel [V] ***
I'm watching Channel [V] Double Shot right now and the themes of the last 4 songs are all women who have been cheated on..shucks! I had my share of that but it was a long time ago. I'm in my 2nd relationship right now and quite new also, we just celebrated our first monthsary last Aug 3 :) There was a point in time when i was still 'healing' from my previous relationship that i felt that i could sustain being single forever - that men just complicate my life. Somehow, that logical part of me seems to have been shortlived coz i had an 'almost' relationship a few months after the breakup...I'm over that now, again. I just seem to need to learn the hard way, tsk tsk. Anyway, now, the reason why i got into my 2nd relationship is coz this guy gives me hope. When i thought i'd give up on the male species, he comes along and shows me that not everyone is the same, that there's someone out there who's sincere, who cares for me, respects me, is there for me, who wants the best for me and would not impede my freedom, my personal space, and my growth as a person. That last line is very very important to me. I'm the type of person who can get caught up in a created world but i'm also the type who would occassionally want to venture out into the unknown and well, simply try out new things and meet new friends. I find that i am more easily able to open up to guys and because of that i have lots of guy friends or acquiantances. I need my guy to accept that and not get jealous because it's just really part of me. Having experienced so much hurt in the past definitely taught me a lot of lessons on relationships and also clearly defined my stand on things.
*** Still Watching Channel [V] ***
Ooh,ooh! Something to get excited about! (At least for me, hehe) The Britney and Kevin show, aptly entitled "Britney + Kevin: Chaotic", is premiering on Channel [V] on August 22, 7pm! Yey!! I absolutely adore Britney Spears and i can't really explain why and i don't really care that i can't. She is soo pretty! Hehehe. Another band band that i really like is Maroon 5. I like the tone of their songs, there's some oldie twist to their tunes that captivates me and gets me listening and enjoying everytime i hear their music. Maybe i should buy their album...hmmm,maybe when i finish paying off my credit card debt!
No comments:
Post a Comment