Monday, April 11, 2005

Summer Fun!

Here I am again after two weeks! (This only means that I’m on primary support again) I’ve moved cube space at work—I made myself nearer to my start group buddies Karen, Arvin and Jane! Karen and I are cubemates again, so those around us will probably be startled with hearing us talk to ourselves again, hehehe.

Anyway, when I got to work today, I was surprised to see a Hershey’s chocolate kiss sitting on top of my monitor! Mababaw, I know, pero natuwa ako! I’m like that eh, I like those sweet little things—I really appreciate them coz I’m actually like that , too. I like giving people little nothings, usually out of impulse and hope that they’d appreciate the thought, too. I’m one mushy person, hehehe.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com I got a KISS!

First time ko…

I had so many firsts lasts Saturday!! It was my first time to go to Splash Island! I went with a different set of officemates—Tabs, She, Richard, Jerwin, Gilbert, Domz and Jerome. Our meeting place was at McDonald’s Quezon Ave and McDonald’s Taft. I didn’t really want to be at Taft but my mom was going to Cavite so it was the more convenient place to be dropped off, hehehe. Domz brought his Starex and drove us all the way to Laguna :)

Oh I also met my friend Ria while waiting in line at the entrance coz Globe Solutions was doing some promotions thing for the company that was having an outing at Splash Island on that same day, too. So expectedly, there was a crowd there; nevertheless, it only took a little while to line up at the slides :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I think I was able to ride all the slides! But I chose the ones with the slower drop, hehehe. The slides weren’t really scary since you’d either just get dizzy or scratch your back from the friction but the depth of the water that you were gonna be dropped into was only 3 and a half feet and most of the slides even had ‘salbabidas’ or rubber mats to ride on so I felt that there was really nothing major to worry about :) . Isnt’ it kinda humiliating to drown in water that’s only 3.5 feet deep?!? HEHEHE.

Another one of my firsts was wearing a 2 piece bikini—and only that! My goal was to get an even tan as much as possible. Okay, maybe not a tan, but get a bit of flesh color on my pale complexion J I was of course, awfully conscious when I was about to go out of the dressing room, but it’s good that Tabs also wore a 2 piece bikini so that helped boost my confidence (a.k.a. kapal ng mukha) a bit. :)

After wading in ther river (with a current), trying to walk past and keep my bikini in place against the strong machine-powered waves at the recreated beach, sliding down 4-5 different twists and turns of slides, we decided to head off somewhere to eat a late lunch. We actually tried to eat lunch at lunchtime but the food court didn’t have enough food to serve all their customers! They told us that we had to wait 1.5 hours for the Kenny Rogers chicken to arrive so we just took a few more rides then headed of to Alabang Town Center to eat. This is another one of my firsts—going to ATC! Hahaha, very pathetic, but hey, I lived in the North part of Metro Manila for a majority of my life so that’s my excuse, hehehe.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com The Girls!

The place wasn’t really big but what striked me was the design of the place where I think the roof wasn’t entirely closed. While eating, I’d get startled by birds (mayas, I presume) swooping down from the sky into the food court. It was a really nice sight for me, it made me smile everytime I’d see a bird fly by :) After hoarding down a lot of food, the group had dessert at Ice Monstor care of Domz, I think that was the change from our entrance fee at the water park. I had my staple half mandarin orange and half strawberry ice. It was actually my first time to go on an outing with these set of officemates although ive been with them to numerous lunchouts aldready. They’re really fun to be with, with the typical joking around and somehow they made me feel really welcome in their group. :)

In two weeks time, my next sun stop would be at OceanaDive, Puerto Galera!! I can’t wait! I have to get back to watching what I eat again so I’d look at least presentable in my 2 piece outfit, hehehe.

Pasalubongs Galore

I just have to mention the tons of pasalubongs I got from my friends who went out of town in the past two weeks! As a mentioned earlier, I like receiving stuff so it’s just right that I show my appreciation for all the pasalabongs I got by showing them here in my blog! They made my days really really brighter with the cute pasalubongs!

From Dublin, Ireland

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Leprechaun Keychain with my name on it!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Guinness Dark Beer Coaster

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Britney Spears' Perfume "Curious" Postacard

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
and a Cadbury Creme Egg chocolate straight from the Easter bunny!!!


From Boracay Island

Beach accessories and clothing!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Cute bag that absolutely everyone compliments!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Intricately designed colorful sarong

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Beautiful orange colored stone necklace, bracelet and earrings!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Multi-colored chunky wooden bracelet

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Cool black marble bracelet

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Cute shell keychain with preserved crablet

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Funky violet slippers

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Reversible shorts with cool summer designs

No comments:

What's up? How's it going?

January 2025 became a positive turning point. I was still on edge when we went back to the Philippines for Chinese New Year. I didn't wa...