Wednesday, June 30, 2004

June 30th, my friend's 21st birthday. GMA's official inaguration as President. My 3rd day at Accenture and first training day.

It's just too bad that i have work today till 5:30 pm at ever-so-traffic Makati. I'm assigned today at the police and army-laden Makati Stock Exchange and me and my groupmates had to finish self-study modules of Java--around 17 modules in all and we just finished 2 today, ARGH! I hope they don't require us to rush and finish everything by Monday because hey, it's really impossible to finish given the time frame. I don't like going overtime either for this because it's not justifiable, it was given too late, and too near the deadline. Anyway, i just really hope they won't.

I think i like Java, though theory really brings out the yawns in people. My friend Stella asked me how work was going so far and if i was having fun...

My reply: I wouldn't really call it "fun" (coz fun for me is shopping for clothes and cosmetics, eating food guilt-free and getting thinner from working out at the gym) but i feel that there's purpose in what i'm doing. I believe that i'll soon have that sense of fulfillment because of the type of work that we will do for the company. Basically, we train and preapre for the project and implement or apply what we learned in the training to the project. Very simple process, but it's enough to give me a sense of fulfillment.

I was just thinking a while ago and it's weird that my priorities seemed to have changed a lot since i started working. My make-up kit will have to rest for a while and somehow getting that latest blush from Clinique ain't so exciting anymore. I hear a voice in my head saying, "What for?" I guess the transition for model to junior software engineer is a really big one (duh! har har) But i still do want pointy, sexy shoes for work hehe. Oh, and when i'm in front of the toilet mirror, it's my hair that's the shiniest. "What for?" rings in my head again. It's a bit saddening but i'm glad i'll still have Saturday airport scheds, hopefully i won't have to go overtime and cancel my shifts.

Hmmm, i feel weird, leading 'double lives'. A model and a computer person...i'll be one of the few if not the first, hehehe.

No comments:

What's up? How's it going?

January 2025 became a positive turning point. I was still on edge when we went back to the Philippines for Chinese New Year. I didn't wa...