Saturday, July 26, 2003

Worms, Sex, and Drugs

Worm Magnet

I'm itching all over because of a higad that I speculate was attracted to might bright yellow top. It's odd that my three worm encounters on campus happened when I was wearing the exact same yellow top! Coincidence or maybe there's a scientific explanation? It doesn't matter actually, coz all I know is that it is soooo itchy and I musn't scratch lest my skin breaks out in little red spots…I still have yet to master the art of absolute self-control hehehe

Kobe Rape Case


The facts:
 Kobe Bryant, a 24 year old NBA superstar with 5 multi-million dollar endorsements because of his clean image
 A 19-year old hotel desk clerk accuses him of rape which supposedly happened when
 Kobe was staying the hotel she was working at
 Kobe admits to committing ADULTERY = consensual sex, not rape
 Desk clerk brought food to Kobe's room during his stay--Al. Mendoza (Inquirer Sports Columnist) says its weird coz aren't waitresses or room service supposed to do that? I'd say it's weird, too.
 As of now, I've heard that Nike has pulled out their endorsement contract with Kobe and so did the other companies he was endorsing…awwww

My verdict: Haha I dont' know. But it's kinda sad for the girl because every article I'm reading seems to favor Kobe's innocence. Sad to say, but I'm kinda leaning towards Kobe's innocence, too. There are just some types of girls who want to retaliate when they don't get what they want but then again I may be wrong,

Another thing that leans in favor of Kobe not being charged of rape are his highly credible and esteemed lawyers. The paper says the group has handled lots of other sports cases quite successfully. All in all, I think sports fans will and do favor Kobe's innocence…iba na talaga kung sikat ka, diba?

However, looking at it in the monetary angle, with the endorsements pulled out, it might as well be that Kobe was convicted of rape already. Sayang, naman. Quoting from Al Mendoza's comment, "For a few minutes of pleasure comes a lifetime of hell." Poor Kobe.

ATTENION! EMERGENCY!
IMO just texted me that there will be a military coup tonight and advised people to stay home. Her editor got the info from a friend in the PNP. She said it's no joke, this is serious.

Warning on date-rape complement drug
By Tim Yap, PDI, today

A "Forwarded" e-mail currently circulating warns about this new drug out for less than a year called Progesterex--a sterilization pill that is now being used by "horn dogs" (you know who you are) at parties to rape and sterilize their victims.

Progesterex, according to the e-mail, is used by veterinarians to sterilize large animals. Rumor has it that Progesterex is being used with Rohypnol, the date-rape drug.

As with Rohypnol, it is dropped into the prospective victim's drink and dissolves just as easily. The morning after, the girl, or guy, will not remember a thing about the night before.

Neither does the perpetrator have to worry about an eventual paternity test, because Progesterex makes the victim unable to conceive from the rape. In fact, the victim may be rendered unable to conceive, period.

The drug's effects, says the e-mail, are not temporary. Progesterex is allegedly used to sterilize horses; imagine its potency on a human female. Worse, anyone could get this drug from anyone in vet school That easy.

Progesterex threatens to break out big-time on campuses soon. There is even a site on the Internet telling people how to use it.

My comment: UGH. SICK SICK PEOPLE!

No comments:

What's up? How's it going?

January 2025 became a positive turning point. I was still on edge when we went back to the Philippines for Chinese New Year. I didn't wa...