Tuesday, December 31, 2002
Hindi ko pa pala kinukwento yung DJ thing! Anyways i was baking last sunday and i usually listen to 89.9 while i bake. Then i heard the DJs inviting people to help them introduce songs sa final countdown so i decided to text in na rin. I mean what's there to lose right? But i never really thought they'd call me up or something since i bet there were hundreds who wanted to be heard on air din. I remember Ela telling me that she joined something like this rin.. so anyway i was doind crinkles at that time yata and i really wasn't expecting anything anymore i almost forgot about it na nga. But then the phone rings and my sis hands it to me, it was Miles! She was like, "So grace, wanna be a DJ?" "Yup" "Let me here your introduction" Oh my gosh! I mean i really thought they'd give me a script or something and i'd just write it down and read it over the phone! I'm really bad at impromptu things so i was like fumbling with the words, i was really really nervous! But i guess Miles was used to it so she just told me to write it down so i wouldn't forget my lines and i should try to sound happy daw kc i seemed sad hehe. I was supposed to introduce the number eight song in the countdown which was Matchbox 20's Disease. I was so nervous in trying to prepare my spiel that i forgot to tell anybody about it! Awww,.I told my mom to tune down the radio then close it altogether coz i didn't want her to hear me heheh shy ako! So my turn came and they tried to relax me a bit by asking me stuff and chatting about how i spent my Christmas. Well, i spent it with Oli so we talked about things like how long have we been together, you know stuff like that then after like one minute or so i introduced the song na. Joey and Miles sounded so happy on the air, i wonder if i did too hehe. I guess i'll never know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What's up? How's it going?
January 2025 became a positive turning point. I was still on edge when we went back to the Philippines for Chinese New Year. I didn't wa...
-
After all these years, I have the standard answer down pat to the question -"Why is your surname like this if your father is Chinese?...
-
Because of a post of the SG Prime Minister on his upcoming "Chap Go Mei" address, I found out that these words of Hokkien origin m...
No comments:
Post a Comment