Thursday, July 12, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (1 of 2 parts)

Here is my initial review of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie shown at IMAX 3D theater in SM Mall of Asia

IMAX
I didn't notice much of a difference when i watched the movie in 3D :( I even had to wear my eyeglasses before i wore the 3D glasses coz i kept seeing an annoying shadow on my left eye! 400 bucks for IMAX.. not really worth it. I'll give more feedback when i watch in a normal theater on Thursday..

HP 5 the movie
Note: I READ THE BOOK!

It was nice, but it could have been better. Overall i felt that the movie was too quick-paced and that everything went by in blur. Why wouldn't it since the movie was only 2 hours and 18 minutes! The shortest compared to other movies even though HP5 is the thickest book by far.

When the movie was over, i felt a sense of lack. It was like a 'quickie'. No foreplay, no making love to the camera.

I wish they had emphasized the fight scene more by doing slow motion effects on it. Didn't they understand the difference between practicing spells in the Room of Requirement versus fighting the Death Eaters and Voldemort in real life? It was supposed to be a culminating scene!!! Like a square-off between good and evil. The current fight scene effects were good but they can be better emphasized.

And where was Fawkes - Dumbledore's trusted Phoenix who would swallow the Avada Kedavra curse that Voldemort hurls at Dumbledore at the same time that the basilisk would also bite him??? Why was that left out? I had already accepted the statues not moving, although i was a bit disappointed. But to leave out that almost certain death sequence of Dumbledore is unthinkable!

The powers and talents of the characters weren't played up enough for the events to come in the next book..which i guess makes it more magical and mysterious?? What where they thinking?

As I said, it was nice but it could have been better. *bow*

No comments:

What's up? How's it going?

January 2025 became a positive turning point. I was still on edge when we went back to the Philippines for Chinese New Year. I didn't wa...