Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Posting because my friend told me to! Hahaha

Well, i'm just 'bumming' around at the airport--gossiping, answering crosswords, reading novels, self-help books, broadsheets--until my six-hour shift is finally over. Kinda boring, really.

I'm in no hurry to find a real job since a have a 'fake' one (that's a joke) that pays really high, but i still check out the classified ads and apply when i have time.

Take for example my exam at Global Sources yesterday which was a 5 hour technical/business writing exam. My right hand was trembling after i finished the test! It wasn't really all technical, it's hard to describe, i'll just tell you about it...

First test: Write an editorial about what the next Philippine President should focus on--poverty, education or peace and order. 500 words, 45 minutes.

Second test: Write a feature article on My Favorite...nothing cutsie please! 500 words, 45 minutes

Third test: Rewrite and revise an article/announcement written by a Chinese associate (Very bad grammar, sentence construction, everything!) 45 minutes

Fourth test: Write a press release on an internal message of the company's CEO. 400 words, 45 minutes.

Final test: Freedom board. Write why you think you are qualified for the Communications Assistant position? 300 words, 20 minutes.

Whew! and the girl beside me previously worked at PCIJ (Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism). Talk about intimidating! But she seemed wary about the advantage of having basic HTML and Chinese language knowledge. At least, I'm qualified on those two, hehehe.

What is Global Sources? Its the leader in the field of creating and facilitating global trade between buyers and supplier at the right time and using the right format. Hahaha, i got that from their website.

Hmmm, what else has been happening in my life? Still fat, if anyone wants to know. Stil trying to lose weight, but having very little progress, my fault, of course!

Oh my wallet got stolen! I had around 2000 there, my ATM Card and memorabilia like movie tickets, neoprints, Thai Baht, etc. Tsk, tsk. I dont' even know where i lost it! I just found out that it was gone the day after i last saw it, very pathetic. So now, i'm trying to save money as much as i can. THis means no Nokia 6230 yet, huhu, i shall wait till July or someting.

Out.

No comments:

What's up? How's it going?

January 2025 became a positive turning point. I was still on edge when we went back to the Philippines for Chinese New Year. I didn't wa...