I just officially quit the Circle of 10 Image Model Search.
The biggest factor that convinced me to quit is the 1 year exclusive contract with IVAN Entertainment (the producer of the pageant) for just being an official candidate of the search. I like being able to have freedom to choose among opportunities that come my way and being exclusive to one company takes away that freedom. They can't even guarantee that those who joined the search would bag commercials and other modeling jobs.
The good side of this search are the workshops that they give. As of now its for free but it won't be when we pay for "opportunity costs" because of the contract with them. I'd really like to undergo modeling and personality development workshops but I'd rather pay for workshops than sign exclusive contracts for "free" ones.
37 hours more to go and I'm free at last from my practicum at GMA 7. Sounds like I don't like it, right? Yup, you're right.
It also seems that all I've learned is to do IDs for scenes. The director himself told us that anyone can do IDs. Translate: "That's all you've learned? You've learned nothing!" Upon hearing this, the lighting crew tried to be helpful by telling me the kinds of lights used in shooting: a 2k and a 6K and why the brand is called ARRILITE. I appreciate their concern but I have very slight interest with production. One elective is enough because I'm not planning to make a career out of it. So why am I having a production-centered practicum? Ask Kristine Berango, the GMA Practicum Director.
Mel told me that Kristine didn't really place each practicumer in a show related to his/her track/course. If so, what's the point of the whole practicum, then? To prepare us for the horrible truth that we won't land the job we like and studied hard for? CRAP!
I'm watching NEWS Central right now and Jinggoy is requesting to travel with his family to the US so that his children will have the opportunity to learn more about the culture of other countries since it's summer vacation, anyway. Yeah, right! Is he stupid or what? If that's his reason then every detained suspect starting from the drug lord down to the petty thief can ask for the same thing! Ugh! The fact that such a request has been made reflects the defective justice system of the country. Pathetic!
More interesting news…front page today on the Philippine Daily Inquirer, unfortunately PDI's website isn't updated! So I had to get this news from the Salt Lake Tribune. Talk about another pathetic thing in this country!
Salt Lake Tribune More than six hours after escaping from the circus, Jumbo succumbed to tranquilizers and was lifted into a truck for a return to the big top. (Aaron Favila/The Associated Press)
Friday May 09, 2003
Elephant Turns Highway Into Crcus
The Associated Press
MANILA, Philippines -- An elephant escaped from a circus Thursday and ran among pedestrians and motorists on a busy Philippine highway before a truck driver blocked its escape.
Twenty-one-year-old Jumbo, the biggest of 10 elephants from Thailand performing in the "Elephant World" show at the Araneta Center in suburban Quezon City, was about to be showered but became "agitated" because of the summer heat and broke free, said Shige Ijima, a son of the show's promoter.
A staffer at the Araneta Center said the elephant's handler called in sick and another trainer took over, but the animal was not used to being handled by another person, she said.
Motorcycle police cleared the way for the elephant as it lumbered northward against the flow of traffic on the congested highway before reaching a busy intersection.
Two handlers grabbed a steel chain attached to one of Jumbo's legs as he hesitated when an empty beer truck blocked the road. They then wrapped the chain around a tree.
The handlers fed him bananas before they injected tranquilizers. The elephant used its snout to slurp up pools of water and mud to spray on its back.
Hundreds of residents, many of them children seeing a live elephant for the first time, cheered the impromptu show.
"We don't have money to watch the elephants, but now we can watch all we want. Thank you," Lourdes Cruz said.
More than six hours after escaping, the elephant finally succumbed to the tranquilizers. Workers tied Jumbo up to a crane, but the rope came loose and the elephant fell on his back, his tusks damaging the rear of a taxi parked nearby.
There was no immediate word on whether it was seriously hurt.
The elephant was later lifted onto the back of a truck and returned to the circus.
No comments:
Post a Comment